Looking for an outstanding writing conference this summer? The Oregon Christian Writers Conference should be high on your consideration list.
- You’ll get to interact with an outstanding faculty
- Excellent workshops where you’ll learn craft, PR, and Marketing
- Spiritual atmosphere, wonderful worship to refresh you
- Set in Portland, OR on the banks of the Columbia River
Here’s More Info From OCW’s Website
Join us at the OCW summer coaching conference, where our faculty of top editors, agents, and award-winning authors is dedicated to helping you reach your writing goals. Daily worship and devotionals are a highlight of our conference as we seek to encourage writers in their faith and writing careers.
Evening keynoter is James Scott Bell.
He is author of the #1 bestseller for writers, Plot and Structure
, and numerous thrillers, including Try Dying
, Try Darkness
, Try Fear
(the Ty Buchanan legal thriller series), and Don’t Leave Me
, Final Witness
, and Blind Justice
. His most recent writing books are How to Write Dazzling Dialogue
, Write Your Novel from the Middle
, Super Structure
, and How to Make a Living as a Writer
. More at http://www.jamesscottbell.com
Our Thursday morning closing keynoter
is Angela Hunt
. With more than four million copies of her books sold worldwide, she is the best-selling author of more than 125 works, ranging from picture books (The Tale of the Three Trees
) to nonfiction books to novels. Her books have won the coveted Christy Award, several Angel Awards for Excellence in Media, and the Gold and Silver Medallions from Foreword Magazine
’s Book of the Year Award. In 2007, her novel The Note
was featured as a Christmas movie on the Hallmark Channel. Romantic Times Book Club presented her with a Lifetime Achievement Award in 2006. Visit her webpage at www.angelahuntbooks.com/
Other Highlights Include:
- Early-Bird Session “Write Your Novel from the Middle: A Powerful New Approach for Plotters, Pantsers, and Everyone in Between” with James Scott Bell
- 10 morning coaching classes for advanced, intermediate, and beginning writers. Fiction (including a premium class), nonfiction, memoir, articles, writing for Young Adult and Middle Grades, indie writing, and poetry
- 24 afternoon workshops and 4 “Nite Owls”
- One-on-one appointments with editors and agents
- 3 manuscript reviews by editors and agents
- Mentoring appointments with professional authors
Tuition for those who register by July 10 is $525 for OCW members, $560 for nonmembers, and $350 for full-time students or conferees under 23. Tuition includes all five conference meals (three dinners and two lunches) and all scheduled conference activities from Monday afternoon through Thursday noon. Lodging is separate.
More at: http://oregonchristianwriters.org/2016-summer-conference/
We’d love to see you in August!